4 Living Furniture Ltd. online shopping site brings you a unique collection of quality oriental & contemporary furniture, sofas and chairs, lighting, accessories and organic mattresses, pillows and bed linen that can be purchased safely and easily over the internet or by phone.
All orders are subject to our terms and conditions (below). These conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- "Buyer" means the person or company that buys or agrees to buy the Products from the Seller.
- "Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any other terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
- "Delivery date" means the date specified by the Seller when the Products will be delivered.
- "Products" means the goods specified.
- "Price" means the price for the Products packing, VAT and delivery where applicable.
- "Seller" means 4 Living Furniture Ltd.
- "Consumer" shall be as described in section 12 Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- These conditions shall not affect the buyer’s statutory rights as a consumer.
- The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the products in accordance with any written or verbal quotation of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written or verbal order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller including orders placed using the Seller’s electronic online ordering service, orders placed via the telephone, facsimile, written or other means. Any such orders will be subject in any case to these conditions. These conditions shall govern the contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or is purported to be made, by the Buyer.
- Any typographical or clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction if required, without any liability on the part of the Seller.
- If any provision of these conditions is adjudged invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of those provisions in question shall not be affected.
- If the Seller is for any reason not able to supply the goods ordered by the Buyer then any sum paid by the Buyer will be refunded or re-credited to your account and the Seller will notify you at the address given by you in your order form and or via electronic mail. The refund will be made as soon as is possible and, in any event, within 10 days of the reason becoming apparent and the Seller will not be obliged to offer any compensation for disappointment suffered.
Prices and Payment
- The Price shall be as stipulated in the Seller’s published price list current at the date of order of the Products. In any event of any increase in the cost to the Seller of raw materials, labour, overheads, or any increase in taxes or duties, or any variation in exchange rate the Seller may increase the Price payable under the contract upon written notice. If notice of price increase is given by the seller, the buyer shall have the right to cancel the order. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by the seller within seven days of delivery of the notice of price increase to the buyer.
- Items that are in stock require full payment on order. When items are not in stock a payment of 50% of the Price shall be due at the date of the order being placed with the balance being due upon your order being processed for despatch from our warehouse. If it is not possible to collect payment promptly at this time a delay to the delivery date may occur. Time for payment shall be of the essence. If the Buyer does not pay the Price on notification of dispatch of the goods the Seller may bring an action for the Price even though property in the Products has not been passed to the Buyer. If the Buyer fails to make payment as required the Seller may suspend delivery of the Products or any further Products ordered until payment is made in full. If the balance of the Price is not received within ten days of it becoming due then the seller may return the goods to stock and as such allocate them to other orders. At this time the order will be considered cancelled and any deposit forfeit to cover costs incurred.
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at the rate of 2% above The Royal Bank of Scotland’s base rate from time to time in force and shall accrue at such a rate after as well as before any judgement. Finance may not be available on some products.
- The quantity and description of the Products shall be as set out in the Seller’s order confirmation.
- The Seller may make any changes in the specification of the Products which do not materially affect their quality or performance required to conform with any applicable statutory requirements where the Products are supplied to the Seller’s specification.
- Photographs are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself.
- Measurements on all products are approximate and some variation may occur, particularly on hand made and rustic products. Please contact us if you require further information.
- Please be aware that all furniture has variants of colour and we therefore cannot guarantee exact colour matches. Colour variation can also occur due to the different properties of computer display equipment being used to view the product.
Warranties and Liability
- All goods (apart from mattresses and pillows which have longer warranties) supplied by the Seller come with a manufacturer’s warranty of 12 months.
- The Seller shall provide the Buyer with any information as is required to claim under the manufacturer’s warranties and this may include providing photographic evidence. In the event of a claim, the Buyer shall first contact the Seller’s customer service department.
- The Seller does not provide any warranty cover against defects in his own right.
- Except where the Buyer acts as a Consumer all other warranties, conditions and terms relating to fitness for purpose, satisfactory quality or conditions of the products whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent of the law.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, our only liability to you under these terms and conditions will be, at our sole discretion, to make good any shortage or non-delivery, to replace or repair any goods which are received by you in a damaged or defective state or to refund to you any sums actually paid by you for the goods in question.
- We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to us and will have no liability to you for any failure or delay in delivering goods or any damage or defect in goods delivered which is caused by any event or circumstance which is beyond our reasonable control. Nothing in this Clause affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Delivery, Returns and Cancellations
- Delivery of the products shall be made by the Seller or his agent notifying the Buyer that the products are available for collection at the Sellers premises or for delivery to such place as the Buyer may specify at the time the order is placed.
- Normal delivery times are Monday to Friday between 8.00am and 6.00pm excluding public holidays. Deliveries at other times are possible by prior arrangement but can incur a surcharge.
- The Seller shall use his reasonable endeavours to meet any date agreed for delivery. In any event time of delivery shall not be of the essence.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
- 4Living Furniture Ltd. offer a premier, two man delivery service as standard for all items that are not suitable to be sent via an overnight courier. Delivery addresses in the more remote parts of the country may incur a surcharge which will be calculated at the checkout.
- For delivery to Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scottish Islands and Channel Islands we will deliver to a nominated mainland GB address e.g. a port at our standard delivery rate for that area. The seller shall deliver the goods suitably packaged and in good condition to the forwarding carriers. The seller cannot be held responsible for damage that occurs thereafter. Onward shipping from that point is the responsibility of the customer unless prior arrangement is made and confirmed in writing by the Seller with such confirmation outlining any additional costs that this service may incurred that will be met by the Buyer. Orders placed from and delivered to the Channel Islands will not be subject to VAT.
- Where an order contains more than one item, the complete order will be delivered at the same time once all items are available. If it is required to deliver the order in part, the Seller reserves the right to charge for each delivery made until the order is complete.
- Where a delivery date has been agreed with our carrier but the Buyer isn’t present to receive the delivery we reserve the right to charge the customer a minimum of £45 to cover part of the cost of the failed delivery.
- An order may be cancelled at any time between the placement of the order and 7 days following delivery of the goods. All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by e-mail, fax or letter.
- If the Buyer wishes to cancel their purchase for any reason they must do so, in writing by fax, e-mail or letter. Orders cancelled within 14 days of delivery, will be collected by us free of charge (UK mainland only). All items must be returned to us in the same condition they were at the time of delivery and in their original packaging. Any monies which have been paid will be refunded within 30 days provided that the Seller receives the goods in the same condition they were at the time of delivery and in their original packaging. Items which are not adequately packaged at the time of collection will not be collected and a charge levied by the carrier to cover the cost of a failed collection. Please note this does not apply to items of upholstery and made to order beds where there is a 50% cancellation/returns fee unless the order is cancelled within 7 days of placement. For items that are specially commissioned or ordered in non standard sizes and/or colours we require full payment when placing the order and these items cannot be cancelled or returned.
- Upon delivery an adult must be available at the address to check and acknowledge receipt in a safe and satisfactory condition.
- Any damages, shortages or discrepancies must be notified in writing to our customer services department within 48 hrs.
- International shipping charges are non-refundable and returns will be subject to return shipping, carriage & import or export charges.
Self Assembly Products
- Furniture and products for self assembly are to be assembled by the Buyer unless prior arrangement is made with the Seller. These items are clearly marked on our website.
- If Self assembly products are to be returned they must be unused and in their original packaging and cannot be returned once assembled or part assembly has taken place.
- Any shortages or damage to self assembly products should be notified to our customer services department. The replacement components will be supplied not the entire product.
Acceptance of products
- Other than where the Buyer acts as a Consumer the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Products 7 days after delivery to the Buyer.
- After acceptance the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject Products which are not in accordance with the contract.
Title and risk
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Products shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery.
- Not with standing any other provision herein title in the Products shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or clear funds payment in full.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Products which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy on the Seller) immediately become due and payable.
VAT number: GB854609602
Company number: 5299505